Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Stunned.. Award Nomination?..Stunned


Stunned…I think that’s the correct word, stunned. This blog has been nominated for the Best Florida Blog Award by some of the good members of Blotanical. I’m a new kid on the block and have already been deeply gratified by the warm, favorable comments and messages that have been posted. I’m amazed to find my blog #3 in the Most Visited Blogs and #1 on the Blogs on the Rise page. But now when I open the 2009 Blotanical Awards there is an image of Liz & the Professor under the Florida heading. I’m stunned…

I’ve thought of writing about writing a post regarding the Blotanical directory but I felt it best to wait awhile until I was a more familiar fixture there, yet, now seems a good time.

I was surfing the net looking for FL. gardening blogs when I came upon Blotanical. Hmmm…I thought seems like a cool place…maybe I’ll join…click.

The next morning were warm welcomes from members in my messages, I politely replied thank you and suddenly I noticed more hits on my site meter. In a couple days I received my first fave…very cool, I thought. Then there began this gratifying kinda ground swell of people viewing my blog and commenting. I started writing back and picking lots of blogs to view. I began recognizing names, seeing what blogs were the type to pick up tips from, my writing habits became less formal …it seemed like I was leaning across the garden gate talking plants with friends. Ok…now this is very cool.

In a relatively short period of time, thanks to you folks, I have regained a vibe, a warm feeling, that I had when for 8 great years I had the honor of being the President of Big Pine Botanical Society…a group of laid back Keys folks with dirt under their finger nails who all loved gardening.

So thanks Blotanical, thanks to Stuart and to the members that make it happen. I was absolutely correct that first day I found the site…it is a cool place to hang out. To everyone out there, it’s a standing invitation, stop by my virtual garden gate, chat a bit in the shade and enjoy the Keys sea breeze for a minute.

Stop by Blotanical

See ya, Scott

12 comments:

Mary Delle LeBeau said...

Congratulations!!

Autumn Belle said...

Congratulations! Good Luck too.

Karen - An Artist's Garden said...

Congratulations and good luck - many thanks for taking time to leave a comment on my blog to-day.
K

Meems said...

Congratulations, Scott. The addition of your blog to the Florida list is welcomed. I hope you stick around... you have so much to add to the blogging world.
Meems @ Hoe and Shovel

Tatyana@MySecretGarden said...

Hi Scott and congratulations! Blotanical is a great place!

Bangchik and Kakdah said...

Good Luck... Blotanical is truly a fantastic community.
~bangchik

Muhammad khabbab said...

congrats!!! Best of luck. you deserved it.

Rock rose said...

I can see why you received the award. Your photographs and your garden are beautiful. I particularly love the the first one of the water feature. Stunning.

Town Mouse said...

Congratulations! Well, yes, you are my favorite Florida blog for sure, though I admit I don't venture over there that much. The pictures are always stunning, and I always know I could never grow those things ;->

See you on Blotanical!

Nature Lover Meeting Place said...

I am happy to see someone seeing the beauty in leaves. I love trees of all kinds, especially the red beech tree. Still trying to find a great image of one.

I love you blog. Would you like to mine at http://naturelover-doodle.blogspot.com?

Keep up the great blog.

Jacqueline D'Elia said...

Congratulations!!!! I enjoy reading your blog and feel the same way about the community of garden bloggers I've found on Blotanical. Best of luck this week. :)

Scott & Liz said...

I can't thank you all enough for the kind words.
Scott