Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Let's get this party started


Ok…Ok!! I swear I’ll post more. Here is the deal, Liz got me this sweet little HP netbook that I have not been using and I bought Leif’s old camera, a Canon SX100 IS and I am starting a new vegetable garden that I want to document thus creating a perfect storm that encourages me start blogging again. So far the problems are – 1. Getting used to this keyboard. 2. Getting to know the camera. 3. Trying to upload the pix to the comp. I already made some mistake when trying to upload the card reader to the home comp. Who knows what I did wrong, maybe Liz can straighten that out for me.
This all means that this entry will be without pix unless I can figure out how to add them later.
My plan for this blog is to combine veg. gardening and the native and exotic plants that I run across here in the Fl. Keys and on our trips around Florida. I’ve been working with and studying tropical plants for about 25 years, first as a nurseryman in a small retail nursery and later as the owner of a landscape contracting and maintenance company in the Lower Keys. I am the past president of a super little gardening club call the Big Pine Botanical Society and was so for 8 years. Great group of people with no pretenses about the club being a tea and crumpets group, nope, these folks all have dirt under their fingernails. Bottom line is I have put some time in growing things down here and have learned some stuff I thought I might share. So here goes…
Scott